Friday, August 13, 2010

Afternoon Update!

I was completely out of the market this morning, so couldn't really post up a morning update. It is friday though! woohoo!!

Looking at the markets, I am seeing a little bit of a retracement especially after Germany's GDP came out to me better than expected!

Anyway!! Here's an update of what went on yesterday!
We pretty much saw a continuation of the trend that has been ongoing all of this week. U.S equities came off more and negative data coming out of the Eurozone. On the other hand, USDJPY traded higher! Looks like traders are being cautious over a possible intervention, so seems like alot of positions have been closed.

We also have economic data coming out of the Eurozone and the U.S this evening!
Germany GDP - 6am GMT
Eurozone Trade Balance - 9am GMT
Eurozone GDP - 9am GMT
US CPI - 12.30pm GMT
US retail sales - 12.30pm GMT
University of Michigan confidence - 1.55pm GMT

Here's a quick update on the positions i'm holding.
I'm still holding my GBP/USD position and my order on the EUR/USD is still pending.
GBP/USD - I brought down my stoploss to 1.5700, as spot pushed lower.
EUR/USD - daily chart and 4 hour chart still look bearish, so i'm keeping my order in place.


Well it's finally the weekend! So here's a little bit of Dilbert to lighten the mood up!



Dilbert.com

No comments:

Post a Comment